Starting on Your Raw Journey to Health and Wellness July 25, 2017 15:11
I am on Day 25 of a Raw Food Challange and I want to share a few items to help you with your journey since many of you expressed an interest in going raw as well. I received many emails requesting recipes and support after my last newsletter telling of my healing that is taking place. Here's what you'll need to get started. If you don't have any of these things you can certainly still go raw but it may get boring. These are my tools- you're can certainly be different. Be flexible and go at your own pace.
1. Make sure you have a good blender (Vitamix is a good brand).
2. A food processor makes this challenge pretty fun. I bought a $49 Cuisinart at Bed Bath & Beyond. Worth it!
3. A dehydrator is optional and not necessary however if you have one you can use it for some interesting things. If you don't- you can put the oven on low and do similar things but I like the low temp of dehydration better. I have the Excaliber - don't tell anyone but that thing was dormant for 4 years-Shhhhhh. LOL Now it's finally getting used again. Now, there are cheaper ones at box stores or on Amazon if you want. It doesn't have to be a brand name. I do like the big square racks on mine and it makes my UNBREAD recipes really pretty awesome. Or should I say RAWSUM? :)
Here is the very first recipe I will share. It has 137.8 calories per serving and makes 4 servings.
ADD TO FOOD PROCESSOR
- Approx 3 cups cut cauliflower head tops
- 15-20 macadamia nuts raw (may also sub out another nut such as cashews)
- Nutritional Yeast (Optional) 1/2 teaspoon
- 1.5 organic garlic cloves
- 1 tsp or one thin stalk of raw scallions chopped
- 1 half lemon juice from freshly squeezed lemon (may add only 1 quarter if desired)
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme (hold from top and slide fingers down to take leaves off)
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink or Celtic Salt (Optional)
- 2 raw pitted dates
You may want to reserve a quarter of one whole lemon and just use 1 quarter for your above ingredients- Use the other half quarter for the end after plated and squeeze on. Now. Add all the ABOVE ingredients to your food processor and place on low or pulse. Mix until you get a rice consistency.
DO NOT ADD TO FOOD PROCESSOR.
4 fresh mint leaves
1 raw ear of corn (cut corn from cob)
Boston Butter Lettuce or Romaine
1. After you have blended the food processor ingredients, you will hand mix the corn kernels into the cauliflower mixture. Taste and add salt if needed. But not too much!
2. Take a plate and add lettuce boats. You are going to make a boat and fill the mixture using an ice cream scoop to make round balls. I add 2 scoops for each lettuce boat. Then carefully slice your avocado and place it beside the balls inside the lettuce. Squeeze your remaining lemon and garnish with the mint leaves. You may cut them or place the leaves on top of cauliflower scoops whole.
3. Add remaining lemon and squeeze on before serving
You may also chop a salad and simply add balls or scoop on top. Either way its really good!
I added flax seed raw bread from Wholefoods and am learning to make my own and have since learned some other things to put with this dish but that's for another post! Please let me know how you did and how you liked this recipe after you make it. Send me a pic if you want or post below if it allows. Sent to firstname.lastname@example.org